Hey everyone!
It's been another great week here in Telde. Our amigos Ignacio and Maria told us that they wanted their son who lives on a different island (called Fuerteventura) to be at their baptism, so they finalized their baptismal date for July 21st. This week we started teaching them about the commandments, and it's amazing to see how their testimonies have prepared them to change their lives. With the foundations of their testimonies of the Book of Mormon, they are very willing to accept the rest of the gospel and do everything they need to do. They'll be great members. And the added bonus is that Maria is intent on having me try as much Canarian food as I can before I go, and it is delicious.
On Saturday night the stake here had seminary/institute graduation, and they needed a pianist for a musical number that the youth and YSA sang (they sang the EFY medley, As Sisters in Zion and The Army of Helaman), and the original pianist backed out so they asked me to do it. Normally we wouldn't have gone to the graduation as missionaries but I really liked it because we got to be with a lot of people that we know and spend time with them, but I also liked seeing that it was the exact same program that we had back home. Even though it was all in Spanish (Canarian spanish, which is even more of a foreign language), it felt really familiar and you could tell that the youth here are very special, and are strong pioneers of the church here.
The mission is the best. Every day you have the opportunity to be as close to the Lord as you can, to help other people learn about God. Even though many people don't accept it, there are a few who do and it's worth it for those pocos. And every day you're able to plant seeds in people. Just this last week we had a good conversation with a guy that I stopped because I told him I liked his Marvel superhero t-shirt.
I love you all! I don't know if I'll be able to write much next week because I'll be in Madrid for my p-day but I'll try to write a little bit. Have a wonderful week!
-Elder Dobbs
Pictures: a hike in the southern part of the island



No comments:
Post a Comment