It's been another normal week in the beautiful city of Valladolid. We had a couple of intercambios this week with the Elders from Ponferrada and from Salamanca. The Elders from Ponferrada are pretty cool; I went with Elder Bellon from Pleasant Grove. We had a good day, and I learned a lot from him. He's training a new missionary, Elder Jarvies, who is a really good missionary already. They have an area where the work usually goes slow (it's a smaller, dying city), so I have a lot of respect for them.
We also had the Elders from Salamanca over this week. That was cool because I got to talk about my old area with them and see how everyone is doing. For our intercambio, I went with a new missionary, Elder Bateman. He's a cool guy. His trainer, Elder Rosales, is from Guatemala, and is a really nice guy. He also speaks English really well. That day, we used the streetboard, the picture of Jesus Christ on an easel. It's a cool way to contact people. We had it on a busy street for almost an hour, but then the police told us we couldn't have it there, so we went to a different street and used it there.
Our investigator Victor, the one that we found my first week here, is doing super well. We found out he's taking a class with two of the members, and since then it's been a lot easier to meet with him. We taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he asked what you have to do to get baptized, and then at the end of the lesson he asked what he should read before the next lesson. For anyone who isn't familiar with missionary work, that's really good. We sent him a digital copy of the Word of Wisdom pamphlet, and he read it and studied it before we met with him again, and we had a really great, easy lesson about it. He's such a cool guy. He's 20, and from Venezuela, so it's hard for him because his family is still there and it's in such a bad condition right now.
This is the last week of the transfer, so it will probably be Elder Waters' last week here. I'll be sad to see him go, he's a funny guy and I've learned a lot from him.
Have a great week!
-Elder Dobbs
![]() |
| We went to a mall for our p-day today, and ate at a buffet called the Wok. That was the table after the 4 of us were finished eating many plates of food and dessert. |
![]() |
| Ikea adventure |


No comments:
Post a Comment