Monday, September 5, 2016

Tastes like chicken

Hello, everyone!
I hope this email finds everyone well. This week felt way shorter than the first week, which is a good sign. I'm getting used to the missionary life and my Spanish is improving every day.
Something interesting here is that right now the entire city is getting ready for this city wide festival for the patron saint of Guadalajara or something. There are things that look like Christmas lights set up all over the main part of the city and every night for the last week and for the next couple weeks there have been public activities to celebrate like concerts.
The missionaries in Guadalajara, us and the two sister missionaries here as well, hold English classes twice a week, and I actually really enjoy them. Since I don't know as much Spanish, I usually work with the more advanced English learners and we just help them practice talking and having conversations and it's pretty fun.
Also this week we've had a few more appointments in members' homes for food, which is always nice. All of the food was really good, nothing weird or that tasted bad. I found out after one of the meals that I had eaten rabbit for the first time, which was kind of surprising because I just thought it was chicken or something.
We've also had more lessons this week, which is awesome. Slowly I'm beginning to be able to talk more during them. I know that it's because I'm doing the Lord's work and that he's helping me to be able to share the gospel with more of His children. We have two main investigators now, Sabrina and Rosa Maria. Sabrina has been taking the lessons for a while so we've been working with her gradually to help her understand. We had our first main lesson with Rosa Maria yesterday. She was referred to us by missionaries in Azuqueca, a nearby city, and she basically wanted to know more about the church because she was interested in the missionary program we have. We taught her about the Restoration and I could feel the spirit really strongly. It was an awesome experience because it was such a spiritual lesson and I feel like she really understood everything. She committed to reading the Book of Mormon and we have another lesson next week so we'll see what happens.
Today for our preparation day we went to a small zoo here in Guadalajara. There wasn't a lot there, but it was fun to just walk around and look at everything.
I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Corey Dobbs





No comments:

Post a Comment